Leading European associations
have developed this cross-industry self-regulatory initiative to introduce pan-European standards to enhance transparency and user control for online behavioural advertising. This type of advertising increasingly helps to support the content, services and applications that internet users can enjoy at little or no cost. The self-regulatory initiative is based upon IAB Europe’s OBA Framework and EASA’s BPR on OBA.
- Learn about the programme: You can consult the European self-regulatory principles for OBA here.
- Learn about the governing Associations: The EDAA is governed by European-level associations representing the value chain for OBA within Europe. These associations represent advertisers, the advertising agency sector, direct marketing sector, advertising network sector and media sector. You can find out more by clicking here.
- Register to start using the ‘OBA Icon’: Companies participating in the self-regulatory programme should use the ‘OBA Icon’ as a means for providing enhanced notice of OBA practices to consumers. Any company, including first and third parties, involved in OBA may licence the Icon. Please register here.
- Register to participate on the Your Online Choices Consumer Choice platform: If you actively collect data for OBA purposes or deliver ads to users based on OBA data, you may also register for the Consumer Choice platform, hosted on www.youronlinechoices.eu. If you believe this is relevant for your company, please click here.
- Submit your self-certification of compliance: Within 6 months of licensing the OBA Icon or joining the Your Online Choices Consumer Choice platform, you must submit a self-certification of compliance through the online form at: www.edaa.eu/certification-process/self-certify.
- Verify your compliance and be awarded the industry approved Trust Seal: Within 7 months of licensing, all “Third Parties” must independently verify their compliance with an approved Certification Provider. Successful companies demonstrating full compliance with the European Principles will be awarded the EDAA Trust Seal. The seal serves as a representation of your responsibility and good standing to the business community and consumers. More information at: www.edaa.eu/certification-process/trust-seal.